Monday, June 05, 2006

Am I the only person thinking this?

This post may well be on a bit of a tangent but nevertheless you do eventually get to the new Klaxons single. Their new track is hugely influenced by rave and techno and in particular I hear quite a lot of the KLF especially in the opening seconds. If the guys in the Klaxons are like myself in their early 20s, then they probably only got into the the KLF towards the end of their brief career, but I reckon they have been listening to them somewhat since then. Further, I'm not even sure you can be influenced by a band that only existed for about a year but I reckon that this track sounds a little like Test-Icicles (R.I.P.) and particularly like the track I'm posting.

Thus: Test-Icicles + The KLF = Atlantis to Interzone (Sort of)

For more info on the KLF have a read at the extensive details here.

The KLF - Last Train to Transcentral

Test Icicles - Circle Square Triangle

The Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone

-

Yeah YSP!WSD! have been blogged the hell out of but I'm off to see them in Glasgow tomorrow night at King Tuts and I think it will be superb; I'll let you know if they satisfy. Here's my favourite on the off chance they are new to you.

You Say Party! We Say Die! - Midnight Snack

Later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a KLF association...

brilliant...

not sure if i am sold on klaxtons... or just wanting some more test icicles luff....

catchy tune none the less

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home