Sunday, January 29, 2006

The NME Show

Yeah they weren't headlining but lets face it, the NME shows this year were all about one band.

Arctic Monkeys went on after an excellent show from We Are Scientists who I definitly need to post on as they rocked, who came on after the Mystery Jets who as far I could see, did nothing to endear themselves to anyone.

They came on, went straight into their latest number 1, When the Sun goes down and then straight into their last Number 1, Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor. Nothing short of arrogant little bastards but if you had seen the crowd last night, there was nothing short of absolute adoration for them. People went crazy. The crowd were rocking and for most of the tracks, the crowd knew every word. The first 2 tracks were excellent, Vampires sounded pretty good live but to be honest every track was great. Favourite point for me was when he stopped singing to point at a girl in the audience just to note, "she's brilliant"; which she was. As I've said before, nobody deserves the hype they've been getting but they come pretty close to deserving it. The track I'm posting for you says everything you need to know about hearing this band live. Just before the final chorus comes in, listen to the crowd take over, and this was even before this single even came out .

And I see they got a little more good news tonight.

And even better news for any American readers.


Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor (Live)

Maximo Park in all credit to them were equally good however, this not helped by the fact that a lot of the less intelligent members of the audience left after the Monkeys before Maximo Park came on; it must be so good for these people to be able to run and tell all their friends "I SAW ARCTIC MONKEYS!!!" Hype following idiots. But they missed out. And it wasn't like I went there wanting to love Maximo Park (last time I went to see them they were just starting out and were support band for Bloc Party at a small venue. Singer Paul Smith didn't exactly engage well with the Edinburgh crowd and they got boo'ed a lot. But afterwards I went up to him and said sorry about the booing but I thought you were really good. To which I got a, "yeah, I know". From a band who were that small at the time, and just been boo'ed all night?!?! All credit to him, he showed me and everyone else at the Venue that night!!!) They did all the hits, did a new one which was something about 5x5 being 25 but sounded excellent. They also had a really cool stage show and mental keyboard player. Loved them though, loved the night and except for an average Mystery Jets, an excellent show. Best song was probably Apply Some Pressure but as I think everyone will have that, here is their latest single. Enjoy


Maximo Park - I Want You to Stay

Later...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on, maximo park + am top bands.Mystery jets a bag of shite.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kelly and José said...

nice blog.i just saw spinto band a few weeks ago,too bad i won't get to see them open for artic monkeys here in the states.what do you think of the at the lake?

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home