Sunday, November 26, 2006

A taste of things to come...

I would sit here and tell you all how rubbish getting my flat broken into was but that would just be dull. Instead lets get back to what I used to do, write about new British bands a lot and a little less about bands from elsewhere. This first post is a brief view of current listening, do enjoy.


What I have been wondering mostly is why Los Campesinos have not been getting blogged to death the world over? They are fantastic. Great, great fun, superb tunes and nicely although not importantly, Welsh. I'm not sure which other bands I hear in this track but the dueling lyrics work very nicely indeed.

Los Campesinos - Death to Los Campesinos

Fury of the Headteachers...good name/rubbish name? Not sure but I'll keep this brief; if you've liked iForward,Russia! or Maximo Park in the last few years and wonder what a mix of the two would sound like, then give this lot a try.

Fury of the Headteachers - Farewell Comrade


Peggy Sue and the Pirates - Lipstick

+

I've got a soft spot for 80s revival digital synth beats at the moment; for example...

Van She - Kelly

Lo-fi-fnk- Whats on your mind?

Enjoy, welcome me back, ignore me, have fun but if you do stop by, do comment

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Good to see you back on the blogging horse, mate. Keep up the good work!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home